Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The first rite of spring

Today was a glorious day.  Blue sky and sun, a temperate air.  Even as I sit here writing at 1AM the back door beside me is open, and I have just finished a night-time cruise through the city on the Bullet in goggles and a pudding basin helmet, such is the hint of the warmth.  But today's journey was made astride the fast and capable W650.  What a wonderful motorcycle!  Perfect in its power, character, beauty.

  
That photo is just beyond Caveat.  I rode to my favourite places, beyond Highlands, on empty roads past utopian farm houses.


I rode where ever I fancied.


I had no map to guide me as I followed unknown paths down to rivers, creeks and quiet places.


All the while the sunshine was my companion, harbinger of a golden Spring.  Herald of sun-bleached paddocks in Summer.  And of who I am yet to be: may selves in motion that are yet to come.


2 comments:

  1. Sigh! Beautiful. Let the spring begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, I take it from your ride posts/pics that you have somehow traveled back in time to an era where there aren't many buildings or cars. Photos from colonial days and the old country come to mind.

    ReplyDelete